What to do: Look for the items listed below (or make your own list) while riding in the car. You don't have to find the 'real' items. For example, if you see a picture of a cow, or a sculpture of a cow, or even a car painted to look like a cow, you can count that as finding the 'cow' on your list.
You can play against someone else in the car to see who finds all the items first, or you can work together or even all by yourself.
Here's a list to get you started (you can also find this list along with other printable car ride activities here):
* Cow (or other farm animal)
* Blue minivan
* A tree shorter than the vehicle you are riding in
* A person with white or grey hair who is driving another vehicle
* Transport truck/semitruck
* Motor home
* Sign with the letter ‘F’ on it
* Speed limit sign
* A vehicle you think is speeding
* Fast food restaurant
* Red car
* A vehicle with an out of province/state license plate
* A vehicle that is for sale
* A vehicle that has a company name painted on it
* A child riding in another vehicle
Extra challenge: find the items in the order they appear on the list.
This activity promotes visual identification skills and written and visual matching skills.